Why We're Doing This
Craig and I launched our first book, Pure Eyes, Clean Heart: A Couple's Journey to Freedom from Pornography, in October 2014 about our struggle through his porn addiction, which activated my control addiction. In the book, we share how God met us in our mess and taught us how we could untangle ourselves from the unsatisfying lures of the world and allow ourselves and our marriage to be truly tied to Him.
Since that launch, we have talked to many couples struggling with porn and other addictions. While there are several common denominators, we found that many have a hard time cultivating a deeply intimate relationship between each other and/or God. And the truth is, even marriages not marred by addictions still suffer from a lack of true connection.
Our desire is to help couples either find or restore that intimacy - emotional, physical, and spiritual - so their marriages can experience the fullness and joy God intends for them.
What we believe
The Long Version:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God. It is infallible, accurate, and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe there is only one true God and He exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three Persons are all equal, never contradict each other, and all are accessible to this very day.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God's Son, came down from Heaven and was fully God and fully Man at the same time. He lived a sinless life, perfect in every way. He was crucified, died, and was buried, but on the third day, He rose again. He sacrificed His life as the perfect offering for our sin.
- We believe sin is what separates us from God and the only way we can truly atone from our sin and receive God's forgiveness is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Our salvation is by the grace of God and not given because of what we do or don't do. It is a free gift.
- We believe that God's Word is active and alive and that we need the Holy Spirit to continually guide us so that we might follow God's will for our lives.
- We believe that God designed marriage to be a spiritual representation of the relationship between Christ and His Church. We believe that God has a plan and purpose for our marriage and that we have an enemy, Satan, who threatens to destroy that relationship.
- We believe that sex is good gift from God when used within the confines of marriage.
- We believe that Jesus is coming back to establish His Kingdom on the earth and that our job as Christ-followers is to go out and make disciples.
The Short Version:
- We love Jesus.
- Jesus loves us.
- Jesus loves marriage.
- As individuals and as a couple, we need Jesus in our lives because every day we fall short in our sin.
- The Bible tells us how we can have life abundant.